• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting AB9 Pro above 300 mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Papafox

Aloha from Hawaii!
I can see from other posts that the AB9 should be capable of at least 400mhz bus speed. Is my CPU the bottleneck? Any suggestions for getting higher? I can get Windows 2000 running at 310 mhz bus speed, but Microsoft Flight Sim will crash within minutes at that speed. Any suggestions for taking this rig higher would be much appreciated. I've tried up to 1.45V on the CPU, but that hasn't brought me stability at 310 mhz bus speed.
Thx!
Papafox

bios300.jpg

cpuz300.jpg

temps300.jpg

Im sure one of the guys with this board will be along soon.
But try and up your cpu volts and mch, on my board (in sig) it takes 1.55 volts and 1.65 mch to do 400mhz

And Kiaora from New Zealand :)

If you haven't updated the BIOS yet, that's the first thing I would do. Set everything back to default speed and settings first of course.

Good suggestions. I'll reset the settings to default, update the bios, and then up the mch and cpu volts, if needed. I can only get 1.45v mch under the current bios, so an upgrade is absolutely essential. I'll report back with the findings.
Thx!
PapaFox

if you have a spare fan point it at the chipset sink. there is not alot of fin area to help cool the chipset. what model ocz ram are you using? im running 380mhz fsb with only stock cpu volts at 1.35v/[email protected]/ich-io @1.55v. well one thing might be the pci-e speed, set it to 101 or 102.

What a difference a BIOS upgrade makes! I'm using same voltages as before, but with new BIOS I've already load tested to 330 mhz and no hint yet of trouble. Tomorrow I'll take it higher.

Evilsizer, thanks for hint about fan. I'll give it a try when I start getting indications of problems.

Ram is OCZ2G8001G

Make that load-tested to 350 mhz tonight. I've got to get some sleep, but this is so cool.
PapaFox

Yeah, the BIOS that ships with those AB9 mobos is worthless. That's why I said the first thing to do is update it.

Well, Windows is not happy at 370 mhz, but I'm fast enough now I'm in the realm of tweaking to get it higher, rather than scratching my head at why it's doing so poorly. I'll take it from here, and I bet I can get a good 370mhz with some effort. Thanks all!
PapaFox

cpu-z still even with 1.38 does not read the voltage being used. is rather wierd i can start mine up and cpu-z says 1.3v but Uguru is saying little over 1.35v

Back