• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm having problems o.c.ing my memory. Could use some help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deathntaxes

Registered
First off, I'd like to thank the members and administrators of this forum for all of the informative documentation that has assisted me in my quest to become the very latest noob overclocker. :beer: Seriously though, it has been very helpful and I've learned a bunch over the past week reading through the threads.

I'll start with my system specs;

MoBo--ASUS M2N32-SLI DLX
CPU---AMD|A64 X2 5000+
CPU Cooling-- Zalman CNPS9700 LED
Mem---OCZ DDR2-800 OCZ2P8002GK R (2X1G)
HD----(250G|ST 7K 16M SATA2 ST3250620AS) X2 RAID 0
Video-- EVGA 7950GT KO 512MB
Case-- RAIDMAX|ATX-612WBP 500W BK

I currently have the following items overclocked;
CPU @ 3.0GHz (250X12) 1.4125V (26C idle/43C loaded-- coretemp and Everest)
Video Core @ 670MHz, Mem @ 850MHz (44C idle/63C loaded)
HTT @ 1.25GHz (250X5) 1.4V (@ idle, MoBo is at 30C, not sure about loaded)

Finally to my problem. Yesterday I was working on finding the limit to the memory. After spending all of last night working on it, I had finally gotten the memory clocking at 1GHz (4-5-4-15-1T) with the core clock @250MHz. The CPU multiplier was set to X6 and the HTT multiplier was set to X3 to rule them out as failure points during the testing phase. I let memtest run for 13hrs with no errors. I felt that it was a good stopping point for the memory so I moved on to the CPU which is now satisfactorily at 3.0GHz.

The clocks I'm at right now are stable for all of the items mentioned above and, a few hours ago, I tried to combine them all--including the memory. The problem is that, with the memory selected as DDR2-800, the computer locks up after exiting the BIOS with all of the other settings I want. The computer does not shut down. I just lose the video and the computer just idles. I've tried selecting DDR2-667 instead, and it's still a no go. The only setting that will work is DDR2-400. I'm at a loss.

Any comments or ideas about what I can try would be greatly appreciated. These forums have already been a big help. If I can get this solved, I'd be ecstatic.

Last edited:
Back