• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going H2O soon.. here my list of items n some doubts..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrOzE

Registered
I'm going H20 soon.. maybe 1 or 2 weeks time.
Here the lists of item i intend to get.

Waterblock: MP05 SP LE (good enuff? Or any other recommendation?)
Radiator : Black Ice GT Stealth 240 Red or ThermoChill PA 120.2
Pump: Swiftech MCP655
Reservoir: Swiftech MicroRes
Tubing: Tygon (1/2" ID - 3/4" OD or 7/16" ID - 5/8" OD?)
Addictive: PC ICE

I have some doubts though. Is the MP05 SP LE a good choice? Or are there better choices out there? I'm using a C2D system.

Is it better to get GT stealth or PA 120.2? I'm living is SG so PA 120.2 will cost abt 200 SGD after shipping whereas the GT Stealth cost abt 100 SGD.

For tubing is it better to go wif 1/2" or 5/8"? I'm aiming for a silent PC therefore i won't be going for powerful n noisy fans.

Are addictive/coolant a must? I have read from reviews that PC Ice is actually a few degrees higher warmer then distilled water. I was thinking if after sometime the tubing will be fogged.. i would rather go wif the traditionally solid bright green. Coz if a clear blue becomes fogged, it's quite ugly.. imagine 1/2 clear n 1/2 fogged.. haha Are there any blood red addictive/coolant around? I want my tube to flow wif blood red water... haha

What's the price on that MP05 SP LE? I've never even heard of it.

First one I found was $75 :eek:

I'm no expert, but I've seen the Apogee (or the newer GT) get high marks for a good price.

I bought my Storm at Jab-Tech a while back for $70. I think its $75 now. I highly recommend it.

Good pump.

I'd go with the PA120.2 (or .3 if you have the space). If I could redo my setup, that's what I'd get. If money is an issue get the other one.

I have the same res. Not bad. Those are mainly about looks/convenience.

Go with 1/2 ID 3/4 OD. Everyone has a preference, that is mine.

As far as additives...I've tried a few different things. At first I used a commercial WCing additive, similar to yours I'm sure. It fogged over in a few weeks (even though I cleaned everything well). I also tried some bleach, same fog. I'm currently running %20 antifreeze. Looks great so far.

Good luck.

Which anti freeze are u using? The one from Petras?
Are there any blood red addictive around?

I've read some of the reviews n it shows that MP05 Pro beat the *** out of Apogee GT n Storm. If not i think D-Tek fuzion will be something i wanna consider.

The MP05 is an excellent performing block but very high resistance, which in turn necessitates a strong pump, which in turn implicates higher noise level. The D5 is audible at maximum setting which is where it will need to be operated with this block to maintain any sort of flow.

The Fuzion will be a better option for you, or Apogee. They are much lower restriction blocks. Then the pump can be turned way down to a low setting while still providing good flow. Or better yet choose a quieter pump, such as regular DDC (10w version), or even a quite low head AC pump as not needing high pressure with these blocks.

Rad wise the Themochill will be quieter due to lower fin count.

MP-05 isn't made anymore as afr as I know. The FUZION looks interesting but the flow design inside is strange. It sprays into the middle of the block for star dispension and then only picks it up in one corner. This does not support normal fluid dynamics.

Look for a review or test somewhere first. They all have colorful language for new products.

With the MCP 655 pump I would get an Apogee as the MP-05 is pretty restructive. If I were going to get an MP-05 I would get a DDC pump.

Immortal_Hero said:
With the MCP 655 pump I would get an Apogee as the MP-05 is pretty restructive. If I were going to get an MP-05 I would get a DDC pump.
Erm.. y DDC pump? DDC meaning those fish tank pumps?

Back