• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max Voltage for Infineon Chips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Immortal_Hero

I have a Mushkin 2x1GB Redline DDR-500 kit that is rated for 2.6 to 2.9 volts. The chips on it are shown in the pic below. What is the max 24/7 voltage I should run through these chips. I would like to see them up to 285MHz or 300MHz (so I can increase my divider and run my Opty 165 @ 2.7 GHz [300x9]) but anything past 265 or 270 bombs @ 2.9v, 3-3-3-8, 1t.

ce6.jpg

i think you're right at the limits of those chips. You prob could use less volts and get the same results. try 2.65v ;)
there's a very long thread Here. It's OCZ but same chips.

Infineon CE-6

Last edited:
2.8 should be more then enough. Infenion are known not to like high Vdimm. Relaxed timings will do you justice but if you are looking to push them to the limit then try experimenting with higher Vdimm under controlled environment.

Sometimes it pays off, but sometimes it doesn't.

I ran my BE-5's at 2.8V, 2.9V didn't make no difference at all.

I am running them at the max rated voltage of 2.9 right now. I haven't tried to down it any yet. I will and let you know what they will run on.

I see you went for DDR500.Good going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You see the ram in my sig..I have to use the 180 divder to run 300x9x3 at 3-3-2-7-T1. And they are infineon and i think CE-5

275 is max for these even if i use 3-3-3-8-T1/T2 or 3-4-4-8-T1/T2 and 2.9v.But cas3-5-5-10-T2 with 2.9v did get me to 280 but it wasnt totally stable. Man these infineon chips are stuborn

Last edited:
Back