• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help a friend in desperate need

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
-_{MoW}_-Assasi said:
Hi guys!

Bad news

I broke my Striker Extreme from a bad BIOS flashing :clap: and need someone to be a host for hotflashing my BIOS

Anyone wanna volunteer?

Its a 8Mb (1MB) PLCC EEPROM Bios

Preferebly from Australia/Melbourne

:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

hi what do u mean bad flash i flashed my bios to 0802 and it said succesful? what happened with urs

mine stopped working after that do u get a post or anyting please be more specific , have i messed up my bios too?

does the bios give you a bad checksum message? If so i belive you can recover the bios with the motherboard driver disc.

If you have no post blank screen then, this motherboard has a feature called C.P.R. (CPU Parameter Recall) meaning you power it on to the blank screen and shut it off by pulling the PSU plug and it will activate the CPR feature. and default the bios. I recently had the same problem a failed flash, i will never attempt to flash from windows again. :|

I don't think Cpu paremeter recall will bring back a board bricked by a bad flash but perhps I am wwrong???

YOu could try contacting asus and find out if they would sell you or replace bios chip.

Thanks guys

CPR doesn't fix a bad flash, and I think you're thinking of the Crash Free BIOS, which the Striker doesnt have (Some strange reason ASUS engineers decided to leave out)

I've contacted my retailer for RMA and theyre really slow about it
I've contacted ASUS for RMA and the customer support I would rate a 0 (Seriously, absolutely no help what so ever, horrible horrible service)

I'll ask Tmod and see if my retailer can get their act together and get my RMA sorted out ASAP

Last edited:
Back