• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B-D, can't flash back to old bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Podtec

Registered
I loaded the new 1004 bios , and I don't care for it . Tried to go back to 0910 and I get an error saying, (this bios is too old). how do I get back to the old ? Thanks

Use bootable floppy or USB stick in DOS mode and download the latest AFUDOS flashing software (latest 2.26) from Asus support site and use it to flash the mobo ! It is far the best & safe method to flash a mobo, trust me ! :D

bing said:
Use bootable floppy or USB stick in DOS mode and download the latest AFUDOS flashing software (latest 2.26) from Asus support site and use it to flash the mobo ! It is far the best & safe method to flash a mobo, trust me ! :D

It doesn't matter if I do use AFUDOS or the flash program in the bios, it still says the same thing , bios is too old .

AFUDOS.EXE command line syntax

afudos /i<ROM filename> [/o<save ROM filename>] [/nr] [/p[n][c]]

/nr - don't check ROM ID

/pbnc -

b - Program Boot Block

n - Program NVRAM

c - Destroy System CMOS

Usually I used /PBNC and maybe you need to try /NR.

Aldy402 over at extreme forums led me to the right place . It's an old afudos
from 2003 downloaded from asus ftp server and it worked like a charm , back to 0910. Thank you all you guys for your help , I do appreciate it

Im stuck with 1004 bios (
on my old 0910 bios mobo worked well with 400 fsb.
but when i have flashed 1004 it bearly deals with 370.
Its tragedy to me,because i cant downgrade to 0910.
I have tried all the methods including asusupdate (both versions)
afudos and alt-f2 fllash method.All they say that they cant flash it.
I have also watched my driver disk,but found no help from it.
PLEASE HELPPPP!!!!!

and afudos /pbnc /n (/nr)keys didnt helped. ive tried old afudos version (from cd) still no results (before i tried new one

one more interesting thing when it to 1004 flashed it it wrote after boot : Bios checksum is bad
!!!
no good (

Podtec said:
from 2003 downloaded from asus ftp server and it worked like a charm , back to 0910. Thank you all you guys for your help , I do appreciate it
Do you have a link to that?

You can't do it the usual ways.
P5B Deluxe Release BIOS 1004
**Please update AsusUpdate to V7.09.02 or later prior making this update.**
**This BIOS does not support roll back to older BIOS**
1 Enhance memory compatibility
2 Support CONROE E0 CPU(FSB 1333)

leeghoofd said:
Why don't you guys use EZ flash , did it all the time hasn't let me down ( yet)

Easyflash will not work with this bios , I tried it twenty times before I gave up . This bios is a dangerous . It's a crapshoot at best. I would not recommend anybody trying this bios. It took me four hours to finally get back to 0910.

Do you have a link?

Podtec said:
Easyflash will not work with this bios , I tried it twenty times before I gave up . This bios is a dangerous . It's a crapshoot at best. I would not recommend anybody trying this bios. It took me four hours to finally get back to 0910.

so how did you make it?
how did you got back to 0910 ?

Dear Podtec!
Begging you on my knees,give me strength and information to conquer this mobo!

axizep said:
Dear Podtec!
Begging you on my knees,give me strength and information to conquer this mobo!

Axizep, I sent to you an e-mail about fifteen minutes ago with the link . You'll all be happy when you get this stinking bios out

Back