• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS7-E Game Accelerator plus some more settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NewbieOneKenobi

What should be the optimal setting for Game Accelerator in my case (Refresh Cycle Time, Read Delay (tRD), Read Delay Adjust (tRDA), Command Per Clock (CPC))? With and without OC? Auto creates no problems and OS won't load with the max, this is what I know. ;)

Also wondering about RAM timings. At the moment, DDR400 in Dual Channel offers exactly the same bandwidth as 800 FSB, so it looks like a fair exchange but I've read that sometimes you gain more from reducing RAM bus frequency and lowering memory timings instead. My Kingston sticks are CL3, not the newer 2.5 (talking about the same computer as in signature).

Another worry is PCI Latency. Currently 32, manual says more = better performance but some people say less is more here.

Ultimately, AGP Aperture. Do I want 128 or 256 MB? My guess would be 128 and such is my current setting, but I thought I'd make sure while asking about other settings.

Anything special I would need to know apart from these?

For overclocking the simple thing to do with the game accelerator settings is to just use auto, auto, disable, disable. You can try playing with the first two settings, but the last two should always be disabled for best results.

Not sure I understand completely what you are asking in regards to RAM timings, but if your goal is O/C as much as possible, you'll want to eventually reduce the memory ratio to 5:4. If you can't make it all the way to 250 FSB, then play with the timings, with a little more vdimm (like 2.7v), you might be able to lower the timings.

PCI latency? Do you mean frequency? Just "fix" it to 33 MHz.

I always used the 128 AGP aperature. When I played with the aperature settings, it didn't really make much difference one way or the other.

Thanks for the suggestions. :) I have some Latency setting from 0 to 255, currently set at 32, but it's different from PCI clock (I always leave the clock at 33). As for RAM timings, I generally wondered if I wouldn't get better results from lower timings than from high bus frequency even without OC.

Back