• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

-->G.SKILL<--|Need General Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

foreverFLASH

Registered
Hi guys,
This would be my second thread here on OCForums. I just finished building my new system (first-time), and I'm very proud. Everything started up right from in the beginning and no errors or hardware problems. I do however, have MANY questions about HOW to identify and do certain things regarding the DDR2 SDRAM, CPU, and MOTHEBOARD.

-Though right now, I am only asking for some help with my RAM. I bought this ram:G.SKILL DDR2 SDRAM 800

-My questions are simple.
How do I change the frequency in which the RAM runs at?
How do I properly configure the RAM to run at it's advertised timings, latency and speed?

Currently, I see that it is recognized as DDR2 800 in CPU-Z, but I recieved a "7F" Post-code message before it booted to windows a few times, and I saw something that was talking about DDR2 667...I don't it was indicating to me, but it said press F1 to continue, or DEL to enter setup. It explained that I needed to recheck uGuru Utility. See I have a new ABIT AW9D Motherboard with i975X ICH7 Intel Chipset. Please, any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. I only want the RAM to work at advertised settings. :)

if you have it in a conroe rig just change the setting in dram config to ddr2 800, boot check cpuz in mem tab should say 400mhz

yea, my G.Skill ram sticks that i've gotten always seem to register in weird ways. i just set the latencies to automatic, and then i set the speed at w/e i want. both sets of ram that i got can do DDR850 easily enough at stock volts. (2.0)

Thanks for the responses guys...
My good friend (a tech guy), walked me through the advanced BIOS settings for my CPU/DRAM clock, ratio, and speeds etc...
Any further advice though from anyone regarding this RAM and any settings is appreciated. Thanks!:beer:

Back