• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B-Deluxe and P5B-E about the same?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

68Injunhed

Is the only real difference between the p5b-deluxe and the p5b-e the extra PCI-Ex16 slot on the deluxe? I mean, since it isn't SLi, who really needs it, right? Does anyone know if BIOS control is about the same or not? I do not plan on running dual vid cards anytime in the forseeable future, as my only upgrade thought would be a single DX10 card much later.

If I'm running a 6600 and only looking to get max 400 FSB with DDR2-800 that won't be an issue will it?

Good, that's what I bought:) I can't wait til it all gets here next week.

I'm hoping that the Promos chips in that Team Xteem DDR@-800 will run good timings at 400FSB, assuming I can hit that with my E6600...that's the goal anyways.

The single card slot is fine, once the new stuff comes out, I'll decide then what to get as far as DX10 stuff...if I even do. I'm in no hurry to go Vista. Maybe I'll pick up a 1950XTX in the classies when someone else upgrades, or buy a new one if the prices come down with the release of R600.

greenmaji said:
That depends on your ram.. How much Vdimm and what timings it can do 450FSB.

Well I just bought some Teamgroup RAM on the classifieds. The owner said it ran at 500Mhz 4-4-4-12 at 2.2v ....I'm planning on getting an E6400 and trying to get it to ~3.6 under a Tuniq. So I was curious to see if a P5B-E would work for me as it's a good deal cheaper and I'm on a fairly tight budget.

His OPB binned ram was one of the best sets in that batch posted at XS, you got lucky ;)

They should do 450mhz @ 2.1 you just might have to lousen up the timings some.

greenmaji said:
His OPB binned ram was one of the best sets in that batch posted at XS, you got lucky ;)

They should do 450mhz @ 2.1 you just might have to lousen up the timings some.

Yeah, it was a little more than I wanted to spend on RAM, but I felt I had to jump on it!

What would you recommend? Hoping for 450 @ 2.1v w/ P5B-E and E6400 or maybe try for P5B-Deluxe and perhaps go for E6300? Do these boards normally hit 515 FSB? I mean I guess I could also be satisfied with 3.5Ghz.

Right now I've got $560 left to spend on MB, CPU, PSU, HD. So I figure $70-90 for a Harddrive (I"ll add another later for RAID or something). PSU I'd probably go with a Silverstone ST56ZF (Or the new OP650 depending on if reviews popup between now and then, like Jonnyguru or some other GOOD review site) Then that leaves about $350 or so for MB and CPU. I could probably do a P5B-Deluxe and E6400 for that price, but I would like to fit a DVD burner in there also so I don't have to use this DVD-ROM that I have. We'll see :(

I have to come up with a little more money to get a vid card. I might have to go with the cheapest PCIe that I can find (for now, hopefully tax return will allow for a decent Vid Card and Case)

Well.. your PSU budget will depend on the GFX.
An enhance PSU could be fine depending on the GFX. In other words this is very varible.
And good DVD burners run 35 bucks OEM not a budget breaker.

This is the HD that I recomend http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822145129
The reasons I like this HD are pretty geeky, if you want the long story just PM me or something.

Right now I really like the voltage options of the Asus Commando of all mobo's (it would be a great complment to the ram really). It has the subtimings that made the Asus P5B-Deluxe such a good performer in the 965P class and ram voltage options that no other motherboard has. More tweaking of all things LOL ;) ewiz has a good price on it the last time I checked (DON'T pay attention to Newegg's price, there price discriminating again)

Well I'm planning on having an 8800GTX or better hopefully within the next few months. Short term I'll hopefully be looking at a 7950GT or x1950xt or something similarly classed and priced. I don't think SLI will be a factor, so that's why I was entertaining the single PCIe-ed P5B-E. I'll definitely check out the commando. And I know the DVD drive isn't a major purchase (although I am trying to get an SATA drive just so I don't have to deal with PATA cables and stuff.)

Hi all! Long time AMD overclocker first time Intel Overclocker! I just sold my old machine in my sig, and I was quite proud of that overclock, but now I'm looking for a new machine.

Right now, in my newegg cart I have

CPU : $220 Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz 2M shared L2 Cache LGA 775
Mobo : $150 ASUS P5B-E LGA 775 Intel P965
Video Card : $245 SAPPHIRE 100186L Radeon X1950XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 VIVO HDCP
Ram : not sure but thinking $211 CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit

My question is (since I'm not 100% sure about overclocking this cpu/mobo/ram combo) when I bought my last AMD system I made a mistake of not getting faster ram then the mobo supported and I had to turn down the ram when I Raised the cpu speed. Is there any way for intel mobos to run 1:1 or closer to it if I was to get the DDR2 1066 instead of DDR2 800?

Thank you.

(also is there a place where I can find a overclocking calculator for intel? When overclocking the AMD I had tons of equations I used to predict cpu/ram speed and such.)
:

Could someone post their stats on their overclock so I Can start to get an idea of what variables are in an intel system? Your FSB, volt, memory speed, and so on ....
Thanks again. :)

Last edited:
Back