• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant Flash Bios for whatever reason

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

machdown

Registered
Anyone know how to flash the bios on an s3 board through windows. i know its so simple it just doesnt seem to flash for me. The screen does when i execute flash895.exe but it still says f4 bios in cpuz and at startup....

Flash895.exe is a DOS executable, a utility used when flashing the BIOS from a floppy. It's used in conjunction with the BIOS file, in your case 965PS3.F8 (the latest BIOS revision for that board). You need to run the @BioS Live Update Utility in order to flash the BIOS from within Windows. You'll want to select the option "Update BIOS NOT through Internet", and then browse to the extracted BIOS file 965PS3.F8

@BioS
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/NewTech/old_motherboard_newtech/tech_a_bios.htm

I believe that board also supports Q-Flash, a BIOS flash utility embedded in Flash ROM... whereas you can update the BIOS from within the current BIOS menu.

Last edited:
redduc900 said:
Flash895.exe is a DOS executable, a utility used when flashing the BIOS from a floppy. It's used in conjunction with the BIOS file, in your case 965PS3.F8 (the latest BIOS revision for that board). You need to run the @BIOS Live Update Utility in order to flash the BIOS from within Windows. You'll want to select the option "Update BIOS NOT through Internet", and then browse to the extracted BIOS file 965PS3.F8

@BIOS
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/NewTech/old_motherboard_newtech/tech_a_bios.htm

I believe that board also supports Q-Flash, a BIOS flash utility embedded in Flash ROM... whereas you can update the BIOS from within the current BIOS menu.

thanks man. worked like a charm

its kinda tricky i got a gig bite mobo my sli one had that problem its simple just flash it normaly and reset the cmos jumper and battery that should work after ur dont flashing and if not set the mobo to boot the back up bios first then flash the main then after ur dont clear the cmos and pull tha batt and remove all power then restart it and set it to boot main lol took me a few times to do it but it works

Back