• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will she live?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Midnight Dream

OSPF Loving Member
In a fit of rage, I stabbed my radiator. Ok, so really I was just trying to screw some bolts in, and wound up slipping and stabbing my radiator with the screwdriver. Rather deep, as well. After having leak tested it for about an hour and a half, it was still dry. So, am I safe to use it?

That depends - where is the rad mounted in your case? If it's outside or on the bottom then it's less of a problem and is probably OK as is. If it's over the MB or HDDs I'd maybe want to test a little more. ;)

Did you test it using a pump or just filing it w/water and letting it sit ...?

Yea... Water dripping onto your components usually isnt good.

empty it as well as possible, and submerge it into deep water. then- well... you get the point. If not, Bubbles =bad

Where did you stab it? IF you just broke some fins then its probably okay. If there is a hole in the rad where the fins were (rather then just some banged up fins) then you need to really check were they attached and make sure it didnot rip the rads piping.

Leak testing is a 24 hour minimum process

lol, lucky.

just be glad you weren't using a sharp screwdriver. some of my screwdrives have been used so much, that they have LAYERS of epoxy on them, and once that epoxy drys, its harder than wood. closer to rock than anything. and its sharp as anything. lol.

well, keep in mind while screwing things in only apply enough pressure to stop the head from stripping. beyond that you don't need to apply any downward force really.

Back