• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apogee GT rarer than hens teeth!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oroka Sempai

I want a Apogee GT, but no one (atleast in Canada) has them. Few places list them, but from the day they were listed they are 'Not available' with no listed due date. Some guy is selling them on eBay for a reasonable price, but wants $45usd for shipping... tard.

I have been looking at the Storm, but then I have to buy a AM2 plate for it, and that pushes the price to near $100cdn. At that price I might as well pay that tard $45 to ship the Apogee GT to me... tard. I have a MCP-655 pump, some people have suggested the Storm would be better with a higher power pump. Any thoughts on that?

Are there any other alternatives with compairable performance? I want a Apogee GT, but I am not waiting untill the summer or whenever to get one. I am willing to spend the price of a Storm... maybe a little more if there is a signifigantly better option.

I did some searching, and the Apogee GT has a 8c advantage on a lapped CPU over the Fuzion.

This is really ****ing me off... I want a Apogee GT, no one in Canada has it. I want a Storm, everyone has it, no one has the AM2 hold down plate. Buy it from the States, ship with USPS takes upto 3 weeks, ship with UPS, they charge a minimum $40 brokerage fee.

This sucks, I am so frigging used to ordering something, it is in stock, and I have it the next day :bang head

you use a pair of brackets to attach to the original hold down plate of the Storm, then drill holes the the brackets you added on to attach the whole contraption to the mobo. Use Knurled brass nuts with the 478 springs and you're all set.

Or you can do the same thing with a piec of thick plexi...

Oroka Sempai said:
I did some searching, and the Apogee GT has a 8c advantage on a lapped CPU over the Fuzion.

When the fuzion has a nozzle installed?

I am not really sure... call it biased research. I found a test session where Gabe from Swiftech and a bunch of guys (I am pretty sure a few of them are active members here) tested a Apogee GT vs a Fuzion, and with the bowed base, the Apogee GT won... I am not sure of the specs on the Fuzion.

yea, you wont see as big of a drop from the apogee GT as that did. 1 reason, they have a HUGE area to remove heat from, they have 2 seperate dies to cool, which means much more heat on the IHS then what your 4200+ will have. even on a C2D there wont be a 8ºc drop from fuzion to apogee GT.

an experienced (dishonest) tester can generate any desired results
an inexperienced tester will produce random results
take your pick

wait for Scott's data

Back