• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need opinion on buying RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I used to have the ocz plat rev2 with my 6300 and needless to say it has been replaced. That OCZ stuff will get your cpu 2.8ghz easily but I was never able to get beyond 2.8 with that ram. Anything over 400 mhz did not seem to work. I tried raising voltage and loosening timings but super pi would always crash.

DJCorpse said:
I used to have the ocz plat rev2 with my 6300 and needless to say it has been replaced. That OCZ stuff will get your cpu 2.8ghz easily but I was never able to get beyond 2.8 with that ram. Anything over 400 mhz did not seem to work. I tried raising voltage and loosening timings but super pi would always crash.

so this ram only runs on its stock speed.
so the best choice should be ram with d9 chips?

Crucial Anni's are back!?

andylihaha said:
so this ram only runs on its stock speed.
so the best choice should be ram with d9 chips?

To be honest I did not really give those sticks much of a chance. I have read about people getting decent oc's with ram that uses promos ic's but I doubt they will get you to ddr2-1000 speeds. D9's defintely would and will which is why inkfx suggested those.

Might I point these out as well, the Crucial Anni's are back at Newegg!! I think they had 10 left when I checked this morning.

Back