• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need A 975X Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Circaflex

Well guys I am putting together a new c2d system. Ill be getting a 6700 to go with the board. Im looking into a 975x board. Right now I plan on going single card for the gpu, but IF anything I'd go crossfire later on if I went dual gpu solutions. So far I have been looking at the Asus P5W64 WS, Intel BadAxe 2, Abit AW9D Max. I have my mind set on the p5w64 until I realized the quad pci-express is pretty much useless when you put one card in and run it in 16x, as the other 3 are disabled. Any info would be good.

Asus P5W DH series or Abit AW9D series. See my signature, I have the Abit.

Unless you are planning on phase change cooling, I would recommend the E6600 instead. It will O/C the same as the E6700, but costs a lot less.

A bit of hijacking. I was looking at a 975 board with the E6400, but several people pointed me towards the P5B, which is a 965 board. I'm at a loss to find what I lose by using the 965 chipset.

I second the P5W DH, but I also suggest looking into a nForce 680i board. Either the EVGA 680i or Asus Striker Extreme. The reviews I've seen have it OCing better and performing better overall. It comes down to the price difference and if it's worth it for you to pay the difference for the performance.

Oh I forgot: Asus board has lights and LED display = the win!

batboy said:
Asus P5W DH series or Abit AW9D series. ......

Unless you are planning on phase change cooling, I would recommend the E6600 instead. It will O/C the same as the E6700, but costs a lot less.
Agreed

kayson said:
I second the P5W DH, but I also suggest looking into a nForce 680i board. Either the EVGA 680i or Asus Striker Extreme. The reviews I've seen have it OCing better and performing better overall. It comes down to the price difference and if it's worth it for you to pay the difference for the performance.

Oh I forgot: Asus board has lights and LED display = the win!

too many problems imo with 680i, also i wont go dual gpus, BUT if for some reason i do it would be crossfire. So single card it isnt worth the money to me for a 680i board right now

Circaflex said:
too many problems imo with 680i, also i wont go dual gpus, BUT if for some reason i do it would be crossfire. So single card it isnt worth the money to me for a 680i board right now
Really? What kind of problems? I haven't heard of anything as of yet and I'm looking at one for my next upgrade. I'd definitely like to know what I'm getting into...

There are data corrupt issues and a whole bunch of other ones. Its well documented. Just do a google search on 680i problems. I was also going to get a 680i board but after reading some reviews, I'm def going witht he bad axe 2.

Back