• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which way would you go?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxfly

ive got a swiftech mcw60 that i used with my old vc and it performed very well.my question is should i get the mcw60 8800 adapter and some extra ramsinks for my gtx?or get the ek fullcoverage block(if petra can ever get anymore lol)?i realize that the ek will restrict flow some but tbh i really dont like having to aircool the rest of the card if i use the mcw60.im not a gpu ocer so it will simply be for longevity/silence sake that i wc the card.obviously the cheaper route would be the adapter and ramsinks but the benefit of being able to 7volt a case fan is worth the extra cost of the ek block.i wont be upgrading again for a very long time so im really not concerned with having to get rid of the block when i upgrade again.
also does anyone know where i can find some pics of the ek block in action?ive looked all over and havent found anything.thx in advance :)

The amount of airflow that the ramsinks will need is very low, especially if they are not overclocked. I would just stick with the MCW60, it will perform just as well, and I don't like the full coverage blocks because of the weight they add to the card. There's my 2 cents :)

Back