• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boggled at G.Skill selection variety

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sorin

So I'm looking at this list of G.Skill memory at Newegg. All the memory in this list is the same in the manner that they are all 2 x 1GB DDR2 800MHz dual channel kits. The only differences besides wildly different prices are wildly different latency configurations. Though I am aware that they don't all use the same memory ICs and this is obviously a factor in their differences.

My dilemma here is which one of these *7* same-but-different sets of memory to choose? I'm looking at an E6600/P5B-Deluxe setup for these to go in. They are all the same size and same speed, so the only factor is the latencies and ICs. My goal is for a FSB of 400MHz (max 9 x 400 = 3.6GHz if at all possible, but probably stay a bit lower for everyday use). Which of these sets is best suited to that goal? I was looking at the F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ set simply for price. Are the other ones with lower latencies really worth all that extra money, especially for this application? I'm also aware of the $289 being very good but....yeah, they're $289.

My bang for buck favorite are the PK's. These have been known to hit 500MHz easily, often at 4-4-4 timings and low voltage at that.

Gautam said:
My bang for buck favorite are the PK's. These have been known to hit 500MHz easily, often at 4-4-4 timings and low voltage at that.

I was strongly considering those. It sounds like they are indeed worth the extra $30 over the other set.

Back