• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound recording problems on P5B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

12am

Hey gang, just built my new system (specs in sig) a few days ago and I am having problems getting my microphone working properly.

I am a wow player and our guild uses ventrilo for voice communication, now whever I speak they are telling me that I sound muffled and that there is a buzzing sound eminating when I try and talk. I installed the 5.10.1:4530 drivers off my mobo cd and have tried every possible setting in the soundmax and windows control panel to try and remedy this. I also tried everything I know of in ventrilo to root out the problem, all to no avail. I know the issue is not with my mic as it worked flawlessly just a few days ago on my pc that used and audigy 2 zs.

After searching the net I only found 1 updated driver for the audio device on the p5b wich is located here http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SO...oundMAX-AD1988-Driver-6-10-01-6030-WHQL.shtml
however after unzipping the files it looks like it is for windows vista only as it has folders for vista and vista 64, but mentions nothing of winxp.

I guess I'm wondering if any of you have a similar problem or might know what I can try to fix it with? if not am I just better off ditching the onboard sound and using my old audigy 2 zs?.

12am said:
I guess I'm wondering if any of you have a similar problem or might know what I can try to fix it with? if not am I just better off ditching the onboard sound and using my old audigy 2 zs?.

Haven't tried the Mic yet, but I do get an annoying popping sound when an MP3 or WAV file first opens.

The Audigy? Use it man!

Have you tried the latest one AD1988B_2KXP_510014580_DTS.zip at Asus ftp site ? -> HERE

It supposed to be lot of serious bug fixes at this release.

My mistake for not spotting its not a P5B-D mobo !

Btw, if plain P5B has the same audio chip, it should be no problem !

Back