• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DD Fill Port Dimensions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phantasm

Hey all. Ok i know a 1" hole is needed to install it, what i need to know is how long is the fill port? I'm running into some routing issues and will need to install my micro-res higher up in the case. Thanks for the help.

Cool thanks. I meant to ask for fill port and barb but you gave me both. Much appreciated.

edit:

Any advantages over Delrin, ALuminum or Brass?

Go with Delrin, no corrosion.
Some folks here and other sites have said that the metal fill ports have rusted over time and that's not something that you want in your loop.

RIG RIDER said:
Go with Delrin, no corrosion.
Some folks here and other sites have said that the metal fill ports have rusted over time and that's not something that you want in your loop.

Only if your water level is up to the barb in the t-line or if you are using it as a drain port instead. I don't see any other way of corrosion happening. But yes with delrin there is 100% no corossion at all. All ABS plastic or whatever material they make it out of. Im running a dd fillport in my rig and it is only used to fill the microres.

If condensation builds in the air gap of the T line, between the fill port and water level, it could scale up and cause corrosion on the exposed metal.
Considering the water in the loop is warmer than ambient and will evaporate, even IN the loop as far as I understand.
I could be wrong, so please take what I say with a grain of salt.

What is a "fill port" can some dude please post a pic so I understand whats going on?

From my understanding it is just a T line am I correct?

DEFINITELY get the delrin fillport. No worry of it corroding or tarnishing.
Mycobacteria said:
What is a "fill port" can some dude please post a pic so I understand whats going on?

From my understanding it is just a T line am I correct?
It's an external filling inlet for a T-line or reservoir (should you not be able to mount your reservoir somewhere that makes it easy to fill).

Thanks alot for the help guys. I ordered one from Petras. Now if I could find a shop with a 1/4" NPT 1/2" ID Nylon FItting in stock that takes American Express gift cards i'd be happy. lol.

So that thing in the big pic just plugs into the end of a tube on a T line?

In the pic I can see a sort of thread does that mean you uncrew the thing to fill the water, or do you just pull it off from the barb?

Can you not just use something like a cork stopper? will that not do the same job?

Basically the fill port has a cap that screws on with an allen wrench, then the barb connects to the tubing. You remove the cap to fill / drain the loop or res.

The threads you see are for installing it in the case. You need to drill a 1" hole in the case, slide the fill port in and then tighten down that nut. THis completes the install. Unless your going to use it on a t-line, then you just attach it to the tubing.

Back