• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sata setting in bios question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

So what to set to? IDE or AHCI for my Raptor and other sata drives.
Also, can I get the "f6" drivers from the website or just off the cd?
Is this the one? Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager Driver v6.0.0.1022 for Windows 2000/XP/2003 & 64bit XP/2003(WHQL

Am using:-
Enhanced
Raid

After coming from Nvidia AMD it seems a bit confusing but am getting there:) .

You don't need to have a Raid array to use raid. Figure it means Raid/sata
I have 5 hd
2x Raid0
3x sata drives.
The 3 sata drives are picked up & work fine. Like the nvidia bios there is the boot menu & hd menu. The HD menu works 2 ways:-
1) like nvidia just put your boot drive to the top.
2) Have boot device to top & set all other entries to disabled. This seems to speed things up & is also useful as in xp install it ensures your selected xp drive apears 1st. Nvidia couldn't do this I always had to disconnect other hd.

I switched it to AHCI. Had to re-install xp though..
I've just had an interesting experience. RMAd original board yesterday & rebuilt with new mobo last night. Had bios/cmos corruption issues. Had a single hd install which i booted 2 then used matrix software in xp to create my new raid. When i came to install on raid had the floppy in the drive but the install read them automatically rather than having to manually pressing S & sellecting.

hi OnDborder.
AHCI stands for Advanced Host Controller Interface so for better performance u should run in this mode unless ur drive dont support it or u have a specific need to run in another mode

gutaker said:
hi OnDborder.
AHCI stands for Advanced Host Controller Interface so for better performance u should run in this mode unless ur drive dont support it or u have a specific need to run in another mode
Thanks for the info.. Ya, my Raptor can use it..

Back