• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MAMOTH watercooling-TJ07 - 2 loops, 2 rads, 8 waterblocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R B Customs

Well first thing is first. i dont own this PC but i built it !

The specs are pretty hefty - QX6700 SLI'd 8800GTX's and 4GB of OCZ Flex RAM.

This really was a challenge to water-cool as the person who it is for insisted on all 4 banks of RAM being cooled, as well as the CPU, NB and GPU's.

Because of the bore of the RAM water blocks ion the OCZ flex modules a second loop was a must unless i wanted to kill the whole loop with death by restriction.

I started off by mounting the double stealth GT rad in the top of the case. resources were limited and I only had one chance of getting it right first time.
Be warned though... the fit is VERY VERY tight, and fans must be adapted and basically hacked to bits for it to fit.

Loop 1 :
DDC Plexi top 18w
DD TDX CPU block
2x DD 88GTX GPU full cover blocks
Tygon 1/2'' tubing
XSPC bay res
Thermochill PA 120.3

Loop 2
DDC Plexi top 18w
DD Maze 4 680i chipset block
4x OCZ Flex water blocks + RAM
HW labs black ice stealth GT 240mm rad

The trouble with this rig was that id did take an extremely long time to plan, route and build. I found that I had to build it in no particular order other than lots of things at a time, mounting certain power connectors first so that I didn’t have to reach being tubing, then routing tubing when there were no power connectors in the way etc etc. so it was trial and error of what I could actually fit in / make permanent at any one time.
picture008smalllx7.jpg

1002021smallrz5.jpg

1002022smallik4.jpg

1002023smallbe6.jpg

1002030smalllg5.jpg

Coupled with the laser cut panel this machine is truly awesome in more than just performance.
A word of warning… those Quad cores run HOT !

Expect to see a fully custom painted temjin of my own shortly by the way ;)
Rick

1002031smallww1.jpg

1002032smallkv0.jpg

1002033smallwr9.jpg

1002034smalldl0.jpg

1002036smallcu9.jpg

f219776smallib4.jpg

picture003smallyk8.jpg

picture004smallsc2.jpg

The second loop is acctualy 3/8th ID tubing then reduced to 1/4 for those already massively restrictive RAM blocks. there was nothign i could do about this, it just had to be done :( Best of a bad job if you ask me !

Nice

but... Ouch on Danger den full cover blocks. You probably would get more flow out of pump if you used inlet in the center of the top.

Otherwise looks allright.

As always RB Awesome work. Especially with the difficulty of having to do 2 loops and cooling all that hardware. 1 question though, how come you went with the TDX and DD's 8800 blocks over say... Apogee GT and EK's 8800 blocks? simply for ease of purchase? Cause that would be a big reason to do it :)

~jtjuska

PS which mobo is that?

meionm said:
Nice

but... Ouch on Danger den full cover blocks. You probably would get more flow out of pump if you used inlet in the center of the top.

Otherwise looks allright.

i know

and

i know ! lol

Problem is, using the top inlet is near impossible for thos loops. infact it was impossible !

and secondly DD88GTX blocks are literally all we can get in the UK at the moment :(
i would have loved to have used the EK ones though... just cant get them ( yet )

Edid:
just saw your post jtjuska - the TDX was the only block available. couldn't get an apogee , or better still a fuzion :( its such a damn shame i know. but its just the luck of the draw in terms of what was available at the time.
cheers lads :D
Rick

R B Customs said:
and secondly DD88GTX blocks are literally all we can get in the UK at the moment :(
i would have loved to have used the EK ones though... just cant get them ( yet )
Just curious about this, doesn't EK ship to UK?

meionm said:
Just curious about this, doesn't EK ship to UK?

yes.
but his blocks are not due here for another week or two.
its just unfortunate :( This system could not wait for Fuzions and EK blocks :'(

also... i know its not all about looks for most ( it is for me :p ) but the 100% DD blocks are nice lookign and consistant. it doesnt look good in a system like that to have mixxed blocks. but the next one probobly will.

how do you lads rate EK's cpu blocks ?
Rick

Its all good RB, I understand that all too well. Anyways great job with it and hopefully whoever it was built for enjoys it. I have to give a special congrats to the planning of the routing of the tubes as that is a work of art IMO.

~jtjuska

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Nice setup, but maintence would be a pain. What is the cost on that puppy, do I wanna know?

No air bursh work? That makes me sad.

R B Customs said:
yes.

how do you lads rate EK's cpu blocks ?
Rick
I think it is pretty good. I have swiftech mcw60 and had ek block for 8800gtx. Ek block gave about 1-3c load lesser performance compared mcw60. With ek block pcb of the back of the card feels lot cooler compared to mcw60, especially around memory chips. The flow was pretty good. Block quality is very good.

ufo.JPG

Immortal_Hero said:
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Nice setup, but maintence would be a pain. What is the cost on that puppy, do I wanna know?

No air bursh work? That makes me sad.

ha ha ! with that amount of drool you could cool a quad core with no problems !

i had to use the bay reservoirs to make it easy maintenance, and the pumps power cables are easy to get to on the other side of the mobo ( if you can find them through the total jungle of wires hidden there. ! )

to maintain it i will advise to change the water every year. although it does contain biocide and antifreeze to keep any nasties at bay !

and no... you don't want to know the cost ! lol
no airbrush work either... but i have fallen so much in love with this utterly SUPERB case that im going to spend a large portion of my money on one and every available space will be painted... just time is a seriousl issue for me now... i have none of it !

R B Customs said:
ha ha ! with that amount of drool you could cool a quad core with no problems !

i had to use the bay reservoirs to make it easy maintenance, and the pumps power cables are easy to get to on the other side of the mobo ( if you can find them through the total jungle of wires hidden there. ! )

to maintain it i will advise to change the water every year. although it does contain biocide and antifreeze to keep any nasties at bay !

and no... you don't want to know the cost ! lol
no airbrush work either... but i have fallen so much in love with this utterly SUPERB case that im going to spend a large portion of my money on one and every available space will be painted... just time is a seriousl issue for me now... i have none of it !

I know when I first saw the case I was like "It's just begging to be watercooled with that bottom compartment!!!"

God damn dude, how much you got invested in that beast =O! that ought to last you a couple years.

Back