• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5WD2-Premium (955x) - LPC Interface Controller - No Drivers Found?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Randyman...

Hello all,

I have had my Asus P5WD2-Premium (955x/ICH7R) and a D930 for a while now (PC#1 in sig). No matter what I do, I ALWAYS end up with an Unknown Device in my Device Manager.

If I click on Update Driver, it lists the device as a "Intel 82801G (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Controller - 27B8", but Windows can not find the appropriate driver. Well, that is fine, but there is ALREADY a "Intel 82801G (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Controller - 27B8" listed in the Device Manager!

I have previously extracted the INF files to a folder, and manually navagated to the "ICH7 Core" inf file, and then I manually choose "Intel 82801G (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Controller - 27B8". It installs, and then I have 2 listings for "Intel 82801G (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Controller - 27B8" in the Device Manager.

I run the most recent INF from Intel (8.1.1 IIRC). This has happened with EVERY SINGLE XP INSTALL on this PC (over 20 installs by now). Actually, I think it didn't show up as "Yellow" once, and I forgot what I did different during the install (I think I used the Asus Driver CD with the OLD 6.x INF files - but I could not recreate this result for the life of me)

Any clues on what is the best way to "fix" this? I'd assume having 2 of the same entries in the Device Manager is a recipe for disaster? Any other P5WD2-Premuim users experience this?

I recall another thread with Memory Conflicts listed in the Device Manager, but I could not find anything related to the "Intel 82801G (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Controller - 27B8"

:cool:

The driver that is missing is for the ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY, to install this driver you need to either dowload and install the driver for the ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY or install Asus Probe II, Asus AI Booster or insert your motherboard support CD in to the ROM drive, if you insert your motherboard support CD the driver should be installed automatically, dowload links below.

ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY

ASUS PC Probe II

ASUS AI Booster

Hope this helps!

Back