• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

couple of quick questions on P5B Dlx WiFi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JP_Jones

Hi guys, glad I found this site.

Doing my first solo PC build now.

So far so good, still assembling things, so I havent switched it on yet.

anyways...

1) I dont plan on overclocking or anyhing, do I need to update the BIOS or just leave it as is?

2) I have a SATA HDD and a SATA DVD drive, which of the SATA connectors should I hook them up to on the motherboard?

I would read the manual, and find out for myself, but I live in Tokyo, and the manual is in Japanese, so, I cant read it. :(

in case it matters...

Core2Duo 2.4
ASUS 8800GTX

I will be installing Vista Home Premium, hopefully really soon. Anyone done that yet? It ought to just boot from the DVD drive and go from there, right?

Well, thanks in advance for your help.

Its crap like this that makes living in Japan the most dificult, no freaking English manuals.

JP_Jones

1. if dont plan to OC you can update to 1004 ( there is always option to downgrade to any version)
2. Connect to red ones but it really doesnt matter if it will be 1, 4, 3, or 5... you can set the boot sequence via BIOS.

Happy installing Vista, now im on Vista Enterprise x86 and everything goes fine :)

EDIT:
here is the link to EN manual

ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket775/P5B%20Deluxe%20Wifi-AP/E2268_P5B_Deluxe.rar

Back