• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hows everyone feeling about this.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lostmantech

Registered
hey guys,

just want to get a quick feel of the

EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

I want to SLI 2 8800 GTX's in the future, and possibly work with a quad core, I'm just wondering your thoughts about if there is a better make ......one that functions almost the same but cheaper....etc...

thanks

hard to say i dont know what the differences are between the 2 boards. i have looked on EVGA's site with no joy as to the differences. its really hard to say what if any there are between the 2 models. at this point i would go single card GTX with say 965/975 based board. wait for the smoke to clear and see what happenes.

There is this board which is the same thing but cheaper. I think the only difference is this one doesn't come with as many cables and the warrenty isn't the Lifetime warranty. It's 20.00 cheaper.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813188010

I have the other version with the Lifetime Warranty and don't have any issues with it. It's been solid for me for over a month. My dad has this same board too and hasn't had one complaint.

If you are wanting a quad proc, they are still working on a bois that will help with the overclocking. People are not able to overclock the quad at the moment.

Back