• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Channel question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chop_habs

Registered
I have two 512 sticks of Corsair DDR400 in my system running in dual channel. My friend just gave my two more stick of Kinston Hyper X DDR 400 (they were dual channel in his old system). I can't seem to run dual channel with all four sticks in. Is it possible to do with BIOS settings? If not, would I be better off with running dual channel on the Corsair (1gig) or should I use the four sticks without dual giving me 2 gig? Thanks.

make sure that you are matchaign each stick in the correct corresponding dual channel slot. on most boards slot 1 and 3 are pairs and 2 and 4 are pairs. so put the corsair in slots 1 and 3 and the kingston in slots 2 and 4 and try again.

Airbornederekc said:
make sure that you are matchaign each stick in the correct corresponding dual channel slot. on most boards slot 1 and 3 are pairs and 2 and 4 are pairs. so put the corsair in slots 1 and 3 and the kingston in slots 2 and 4 and try again.

Thanks for the response. I made sure I did this and still no dual channel when I put in all four. This is with no overclocking as well.

Can you get the Kingstons to run in dual channel mode on your board without the corsairs present?

CrazyIrish said:
Can you get the Kingstons to run in dual channel mode on your board without the corsairs present?

Yes. Kingston is fine wihtout Corsair and vice versa.

Back