• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 680i error code 21

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deeppow

Board worked great for ~week. Now can't get past the post error code 21. Any suggestions other than RMA?

Components shown as rig1 below.

Thanks.

The manual says that it's a Init Heuristic Power Management (HPM) error. I'm not sure what that means, but I would start with power connector and maybe test with another good powersupply. Start taking out parts that you can get by without just to test that it isn't something else.

Man i hate this. I've been reading up on the eVGA 680i board for awhile, even eVGA's web forums.

I bought one, haven't set it up, i'm still waiting on the rest of the parts. I keep hearing of the board bruning up memory and what not. Kind of second guessing it. lol.

Well Phantasm there are other choices out there, particularly if you don't need SLI the field expands significantly. Just depends on what you like as a manufacturer and chipset. I've liked the Nvidia chipsets since the nforce2 days but the 600's are still early in their life and will most likely be subject to problems for a while yet (and yes burning up memory is a significant problem). Sounds like the Intel chipset is a solid performer and overclocker so if you're not SLI you might go there. Anyway, good luck and hope you enjoy your new system when all the parts arrive.

Well I plan on SLI, so thats why i grabbed it. I'm hoping i get one of the few boards that isn't FUBAR'd on delivery. lol. I'd really hate to burn up the memory.

You could always hedge your bet by using some cheap memory to begin. I always find when I'm not overclocking to the max and just testing non-memory problems that having spare memory is useful time-to-time.

Anyway, good luck! :beer:

phantasm said:
Man i hate this. I've been reading up on the eVGA 680i board for awhile, even eVGA's web forums.

I bought one, haven't set it up, i'm still waiting on the rest of the parts. I keep hearing of the board bruning up memory and what not. Kind of second guessing it. lol.

You should be fine, i wouldn't sweat it. but go ahead and get the P24 bios so you can flash it as soon as you turn it on.

Well, bought an Asus Commando to test and see if I had a hardware problem that I couldn't detect. Commando startup with no problem. It was 4 bad boards, frankly I thought I must be the problem. :bang head

Newegg rep here has been outstanding with support. :beer:

Back