• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions on new system build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spatula

Registered
Its that time again for a major overhaul. I'm switching from my AMD64 4000 and DFI lanparty to go back to the intel side of the house. I'm not looking to go all out, but I do what good overclockability, and stability. I am currently in the process of stepping up to an 8800GTS, but I want to go dual core. So after searching newegg and browsing the forums I've selected what I think sound like good components and I wanted to get some more feedback before I went a threw the cash down.

E6400 Processor
ASUS P5N-E SLI
2x1GB of G.Skill DDR2 800 model F2-6400CL4D-2GBPK

Last edited:
do you want sli? what other things do you want or expect from this system?

I'd like to ability to upgrade to SLI eventually, but I don't see myself using it in the near future. I use my computer for gaming, but I don't run resolutions higher than 1680x1050. I don't need insane frame rates, I just want to be able to play supreme commander and crysis with high settings and descent framerates.

well at that res. you might be using SLI sooner then you think esp for Crysis. My recommendation would be a Asus 680I based mobo or go with the NV designed board from EVGA/BFG. I dont recall if DFI is making a 680i mobo i havent read/heard much.

Back