• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AW9D-MAX good match with E6600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snoop005

Registered
Ok, pretty much gave up on the whole SLI 680i chipset thing. The IN9-MAX32is wayyy to flaky for a $350 board. I just want something solid and reliable like my trust worthy IC7-MAX3 and BX6-rev2...which means Intel board :)

I have read some reviews and the reviewers noted that this board is not great for OC. I'm not trying to break 500mhz on my E6600, id be lucky if i can get it to run at 400mhz x 9 with my CPU. Is this board sufficent or this purpose? Has the latest bios made any improvements?

How does this board compare to Asus P5W Deluxe? I've been using Abit since the celeron 300a days, id like to keep this history if i can :)

I dont know why they would say its not a good OCer, Most wont hit 500mhz but how many unmodded 975 boards do.

I use the beta 13A11 bios, run 24/7 400X9, it will go a little over 470mhz just not stable.

And when it comes to being solided and reliable, mines like a rock.

If you cant tell I like this board :)

Hi Snoop,

As far as I know, it's a wonderful setup. In fact, that is what I'm putting together now myself, the system in my sig. The only thing I'm concerned about, which has already been pointed out, not just on the Abit Max, but other mobo's as well, these boards can be finicky about the memory used. I went over budget on my new build and had to purchase good RAM, but not as high performance as I originally had wanted when it comes to over clocking. I had to go with the G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit, which has a voltage range of only 1.8v-2.0v. It was still a great deal on sale for about $184.99. Very limited over clock ability, but for now, I'd just be happy that Windows Vista Ultimate plays nice with all the components I'm installing.

Richie

I think the AW9D-Max paired up with an E6600 is a perfect match (see my signature). I can benchmark up to 3.8 gig if I don't mind running high voltages.

Back