• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus S370-L Smart Slot 1 Slotket Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yodums

OK

I've got the Asus S370-L Smart Slot 1 Slotket Rev 1.01 on the way and questions!

Few Questions:

Once setting this thing up what do I have to config?

From what I'm thinking I'm guessing I'm leaving the voltage at default?

I'm going to be putting a Celeron 566 into it so if I were suppose to set a voltage what would it be 1.75 or 1.65.

How about FSB or Multiplier?

Is it suppose to be just auto too?

Not sure about the 370-l, but I've got the dl and a cel566. I started at default and just started to slowly go up in voltage. The fsb is set on the mb (for me). Remember you have 2 things working here. Ability to run at a higher fsb depends on the juice AMONG OTHER THINGS. It all has to work together. I went higher 1 step at a time until I felt stable. Increase fsb 1st and if it's stable, do it again. If not, try upping the core. Take it easy though. Ran Sandra after every move. It took time. I settled on 952 with fsb at 112 and core at 1.80. I was able to hit higher but wasn't stable so I just settled in. This is with the old asus p2b-f. Good luck.

I set mine up at the default settings for coppermine (voltage). If I'm not mistaken it was 1.65. Anyway, I used the default so I figured I was safe. Fsb was set at 66 on my mb. The 370-dl doesn't have fsb settings. I used a combination of mb/slocket settings to reach 112fsb and 1.80 core. This is what was stable for me and it's what I'm at now.

One thing too. I did a lot of digging to see what other people have done with the same board and chip (specs). That way I felt safe . I got the best info from the data base from overclockers.

Back