• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Timing differences and quality?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well the first is 2 GB the second is 1 GB. If you are wanting to get 2 GB then you will need two sticks of the second RAM at $290 vs $185 for the 5-5-5-15. The extra $105 is not worth the tighter timings.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. Do the tighter timings offer me better OCing though? Aka, if money wasn't the issue here, how much better are the more expensive ones.

Thanks!

Damn, also looks awesome. So many choices when I thought the brand alone was going to limit them. :)

I'm prob going to start building this in a month or so I'll revisit it then and see what else new has come out. :)

I'm with you. CPU prices will come down soon but memory seems to stay the same or go up. With Vista upgrades, memory might be getting scarce. I may buy my RAM now and wait a month for the conroe and mobo.

BTW:welcome:

yeah, it does seem that memory does not drop like the rest of the parts do. kind of annoying.

for my mbpro c2d to go from 2g to 3g will cost me 600$ - (for a single 2gb one)

ouch

Back