• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video card on DS3 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kingfrank

I just built a new system with DS3 MB (F10 bios, ver 2.0) , E4300, XMS2 DDR2-800 2X1GB, Gigabyte X1300 video card, Freezer 7 Pro. I can overclock my e4300 without any change to 2.7GB, and it can pass Superpi 32M without problem. When I restarted my computer, there is no display anymore. I detached my viedo card and put in on again,and the problem was solved. I had to do this everytime after restarting or shun down. Anybody has suggestions? My power supply is the old Antec Smart Power 350W. Since I only used low speed X1300, I thought it should be OK. Is this a problem? Thanks

Question

Does this still happen if you put everything back to stock speeds?

Also, can you fill out your system specs in your sig please.

INFO

My first guess would be it is your powersupply.

The specs for that PSU are as follows:

Output:
+5V: 35A max, 1.5A min
+12V: 16A max, 0.8A min
+3.3V: 20A max, 0.5A min

If you have another computer you can try that video card in, you could at least troubleshoot that. But I don't think that is the problem. You wont be able to do much until you upgrade that PSU.

If you ask for recommendations, I don't think Gigabyte even bothers to list what they recommend for the DS3. I remember looking when I had mine and couldn't find anywhere that they published it.

I would recommend 500w and dual 12v rails as a good starting point. And although I do have 2 antec power supplies on other computers, I wont buy anymore due to horror stories I've heard from family and others. They have become notorious for problems with the 5v rail and low voltages on the 12v rail.

Thank you very much.

It's my old power supply. I will never buy Antec again.

I'm sorry

I wasn't meaning to turn you against Antec. Just do some research and buy one that has good reviews.

On the other hand, we dont know for sure that it is the PSU, but I'd say it is a good bet.

I also dont recommend the one in my sig. It is too damn loud.

Back