• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 680i would you go for?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaaG

Hello everyone, I am going to be building a new pc very soon, (during this month) I want to keep the cost of the boards out of this, irrelavant to me at this point.

What board would you use/like to have?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...7171927+1071725373&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=280

I am Undecided between the Abit IN9 32X-max, Asus Striker extreme, Evga 122-CK-NF68-AR.

I also have a question about the the memory standard, the evga board has it as DDR2 1200 all others are DDR2 800, what gives there? and what memory would perform best? PC2 6400 800mhz or would PC2 8500 1066mhz give me more room to work with? I am thinking of going with Corsair TWIN2X2048-8500C5D or would DDR2 800mhz be fine since boards can lock out mem from fsb?
here's link for memory http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145043

Thanks for any info you can give.

well if your asking what we would choose some might say the DFI lanparty based on the 965p or the ATI chipset lanparty for CF. if you want to know what we would choose from what you have hard time choosing between for SLI mobo's. IMO the Abit IN9 32x-max is the one i would go with.

either way some info to keep in mind when ocing either the RD600(ati) or 680I(nv)
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=132364

SLI? If not I'd go with the Abit AW9D-MAX. I have P5N32-E and while it runs over 500FSB, system performance is better running 1:1 booting around 420FSB. It's basically the same board as Striker, has the exact same pcb with a few less caps.

For Ram I'd recommend something that runs cool in a case like GSKILL PC26400CL4D-GBHK. I just reviewed a set of those and they don't even think about getting warm like a set of D9's. Don't get me wrong, Dominator's are bad ***, one of the best but imo you don't need it unless your going to run high volts, big (noisy) fans that cool the case, and wan't the absolute peak performance you can get.

I am asking what 680i board would you chose. I am looking for opinions experiences with the diff 680i boards. Also curious if anyone knows what audio the Abit has, the asus boards have ADI AD1988B, the evga has AZALIA (HDA), the Abit list 8 channel audio.

Sorry I missed that in original post I am going to go with SLI.

Last edited:
maxi what ic's on the HK's?

Azailia is Intel's beast and looking at the specs it looks decent. imo i would still stick with a add-in SC. if you are going to base the mobo on the audio chip then go with the Evga, but i still stand by my choice for the Abit board. not really sure what audio chip it uses it could be the ADI but thats guessing. abit doesnt list the audio chip on there site so untill someone gets one for review, we are gonna have to wait.

I am leaning heavily toward the abit board, trying to find out if I can order it locally still.

Back