• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do Asus honor warranty on open box items from Newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

randomname

I know I should spend little extra for the retail, but I'm more curious than anything else. If I were to buy an open box mobo that develops a problem after 15 day return period, would Asus repair the board under warranty? How efficient is their RMA process any way?

Asus has been hit or miss for some. I had to RMA a board and it took 14 days to get back to me. Others have tried to get RMA# to no avail. Depending on how much you would be saving, I'd still say stick with Newegg. They are rather dependable.

Open box just means purchased and returned, not repaired or previously warrantied. Asus warranty should be 3 years from date of purchase. Worst case, they may look at 3 years from date of manufacture (if they cannot determine original DOP since it was bought and returned).

Back