• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance pc2 system, looking to get water colder

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NVetro

I was thinking about doing something, I am building a new e6600 system and I want to dink around with my intel p4 2.4c system that is running on a koolance pc2 system. Though i know this is not the best w/c rig out there, since i have it and it has worked flawlessly I decided I want to dink around with it more. I think the water temp is about 40c or so give or take, I dont want to do anything super crazy all I want to do is just get the water temp alittle colder (above condensation line). I do not want to mount a huge ac unit outside. Mounting something in the case would be GREAT, but I wouldn't mind putting a small 5" square box on top of the case at the rear and bolt it down. Any ideas? Do you think putting another radidtor with a 120mm fan will give me what I want? Post away...

Koolance is overpriced and under-performing gear. The only way to improve upon it is to replace everything that limits you to such a small tubing size. Adding an all-copper radiator (like a BIPI or BIPII) and then a pump will be good first steps.

Captain Slug said:
Koolance is overpriced and under-performing gear. The only way to improve upon it is to replace everything that limits you to such a small tubing size. Adding an all-copper radiator (like a BIPI or BIPII) and then a pump will be good first steps.

You have to wonder why they build their stuff the way they do. For as much money/material that they put into their products and how much they cost, you would think they would make/build something HALFWAY respectable.

umm I am not getting rid of the system. Pretty much what can i put into the loop that is small and will cool the water down abit more? Another radiator with fans?

Replacing your radiator would be the best/cheapest thing you could do. I took a look at it and it looks pretty restrictive and the all aluminum construction is junk for our purposes.

A Black Ice Pro II or Black Ice Extreme II (if you don't mind loud fans) would work well. The BIP is also a very inexpensive option. Another good option would be a Primochill Rad. They're often times a little cheaper and I like their products. You'll just need to get the appropriate sized G 1/4 barbs. I believe Danger Den sells 1/4" G 1/4 barbs.

Back