• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which clamp size for this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Linux_Box

I'm getting the masterkleer 7/16" tubing from McMaster (5233K44) with the 3/32" thick walls. This makes the OD 5/8". If I'm using the constant-tension tube clamps, which OD clamps should I get? I'm thinking it's this one, 5324K44, which has 5/8" OD. Is this correct?

Anyone use these types? Good luck, bad luck?

Are worm-drive clamps that much better, easier? I don't mind them but I'm a bit concerned with the tightening of them. I don't want to over-tighten and cause a leak.

Yes that's the correct part #. With that type of clamp the size indicated is the point at which it starts getting insanely difficult to open them any further.
I'm using them in my new rig I much prefer them over worm drive clamps because I never have to think twice about whether or not I tightened them enough. You will need vice-grip pliers to install them though.

with 7/16 tubing and 1/2inch barbs theres no way they're going to leak, i just tested it, with non-perforated worm-drive clamp FULLY on, to a point where i think it'll break the barb = no leak. hand tight on = no leak. completly off = no leak.

so i just have them hand tight on, just turn it until it gets a little hard, and then give it another turn and then thats all i do.

but yea, you want to get that part number, the smaller the better. but you don't want it too small.

I have MasterKleer 7/16"id x 5/8"od on 1/2" barbs and have those clamps as well. But I prefer to use #5324K46 because of ease of installation and they still grip very well. I have noticed with these type of clamps depending on how tight they were pulled the "id" defers slightly.

Back