• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SUCH a sexy vga block...wow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

enz660

im not even into water cooling, but this block makes me want to guy a whole loop! haha
gpu_x2_8800_1.jpg

voigts said:
My wife is sexy. That is one sweet looking block. Priorities, gentlemen. :)

Link?

agreed.

but granted, i would hit that if it was a chick...

voigts said:
My wife is sexy. That is one sweet looking block. Priorities, gentlemen. :)

Link?
oh common, you've never called a car sexy before? You know what I mean man....too bad I cant post a pic of a hot babe right under the block image ;)

That is pretty slick looking. I wonder what it will go for? "Under a 100 pounds" can be a lot! Buy why the steel connecting pipes instead of copper?

enz660 said:
oh common, you've never called a car sexy before? You know what I mean man....too bad I cant post a pic of a hot babe right under the block image ;)

There are hot babes with clothes on... ;)

darkcow said:
but granted, i would hit that if it was a chick...

Welcome to my sig. :D

Looks like pretty sad full cover waterblock. Not even fullcover waterblock but just gpu cooler. If they were not planing on watercooling memory they should leave it uncovered. At least then it had chance of being used on different card.

meionm said:
Looks like pretty sad full cover waterblock. Not even fullcover waterblock but just gpu cooler. If they were not planing on watercooling memory they should leave it uncovered. At least then it had chance of being used on different card.
The nickel-plated copper block base extends into heatspreaders to cover the RAM.

Those tubes are stainless steel, btw.

As sexy as it looks, what counts most is performence. Will be interesting to see how this one does =)

It makes me want to use water cooling. and i think this will perform very well because of its size.

Thing with watercooling though is size isnt important. Flow rate and turbulance matter and most waterblocks have very small heat exchange area's. the ones that perform the best are typically smaller in size *the actual water channel* than the ones that dont.
If you wanna argue that though, that would mean that a thermaltake waterblock would outperform a storm or rbx, which obviously isnt the case.
I just hope that block performs to match its look really.

My thoughts exactly on the memory. Plus how is flow controlled on those two pipes coming from the core? Seems like the water will sit in that secondary block most of the time instead of keeping a steady flow. No matter the cost I think its a waste of money.

Thing with watercooling though is size isnt important.
I disagree and you pretty much shot that statement down with your next sentence.
If you wanna argue that though, that would mean that a thermaltake waterblock would outperform a storm or rbx, which obviously isnt the case.
The flow going to the block plays a big part in how much turbulence the block has. Even the best designed block would show poor performance with a small tube or barb because there would be no pressure pushing the water over the design.

That waterblock comes from a german firm - Watercool.
They've allways made their gpu waterblocks that way, this means no full cover waterblock, so the ram is cooled passively through a copper plate that sits on top.
As for the heatpipes flow, it seems obvious that it must have an entry and an exit point, and won't just "sit there".Of course the only way to be sure is to buy one and disassemble it.

Another pic:
gpu_x2_8800_2.jpg

hmmm...this vs an equally good looking EK block....wonder which would come out tops?

Back