• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best UV coolant?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ecca

I am looking for a really bright UV dye or premixed coolant.
I need non conductive Ive read reviews that PrimoChill ICE is conductive.

Any input on your experiences are welcome.

PC Ice is non-conductive and looks great under UV, I've spilt it on my 6800GT while it was running and nothing happened.

Springbok said:
PC Ice is non-conductive and looks great under UV, I've spilt it on my 6800GT while it was running and nothing happened.
Mine doesn't react to the 4 12" uv lights i have in my rig, if anything my heat shrink and cable sleeving reacts more. not so much the pc ice blue. It is basically clear.

Don't use Rit Whitener and Brightener if you have a Storm CPU block. The impingement jets will become clogged with the stuff (personal experience). Other people have reported similar problems with other dyes on restrictive blocks. If your blocks are non restrictive in nature you should be fine.

OCnewbee said:
Mine doesn't react to the 4 12" uv lights i have in my rig, if anything my heat shrink and cable sleeving reacts more. not so much the pc ice blue. It is basically clear.
Yeah none of the UV blue stuff is any good from my experience, you have to get green to get it to really light up.

Back