• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p5b-e how to plug in fans???????? and adjust them

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EOTS

I pluged in the cpu fan into cpu fan slot like it said in the manual.
it spins at 1740 rpm. is there a way to increase the speed.
I tried asus probe II but I could not figure out how to max the speed of the
fan.

what are cha_fan1 and cha_fan2.
cha_fan1 is close to the back of the motherboard right on top of PCI-E slot.
cha_fan2 is right above ide slot.

I pluged in rear case fan into cha_fan1 and front case fan into cha_fan2.
my cpu rpm dropped to 800rpm
here is what speedfan showed:

untitledwi3.jpg

so I put everything back (pluged the case fans directly to 4pin power supply cables)

I want to use quite fan II or whatever. so that my case fans spin depending on sys temperature. and I want to max the cpu fan. how do I do that.
and what's aux -- the 122C temperature. sorry I am very ****ed at things not working like they should.
thanks.

Last edited:
Hi, Speedfan will do all the things you want when it's configured properly :)

First disable CPU Q-Fan Control in the bios!

I'm using a P5B-D but should say it's the same on the E. Speedfan controls CHA_FAN1/2(3?) using Speed4 and CPU_FAN using Speed2 (CHA_FAN4/5 and PWR_FAN can't be controlled on the D but I don't think the E has them anyway).

From Configure > Speeds you can set min/max values for both Speed2 and Speed4, then check 'Automatically variated' for each (I use 65/100% for both).

Then from Configure > Temperatures you can set Desired and Warning temps. CPU 46/61C and 40/50C for System/HDDs seems to work for me; fans are nearly silent when browsing etc then crank right up when gaming.

When you've finished and clicked OK just check 'Automatic fan speed' and it should all kick in.

Just disable the AUX reading, everyone gets the same. It's something to do with a pin on the W83627DHG which measures volts from a thermistor and is either not doing its job or Asus forgot to hook it up :eek:

thanks.
but I thought asus mobo should take care of that using
cha_fan1 and 2.

is there a way to increase cpu fan rpm.
increase volts in bios??

I can't spend any more money on my system except I am gonna get a better
psu, since mine is 30$ apevia junk. very unstable.

What is the max speed of your cpu fan?
Maybe your psu is the reason of your decrease in rpm when using the other 2 fans.
If I were you, I'd plug the case fans directly into the psu not the mb headers.
What is your 12 volt rail read in the bios?

Back