• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair XMS2-6400 (4-4-4-12) Any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
XMS2 Pro modules I have are 4.4.4.12 and run at 900mhz. I was LUCKY mine were the revision 1.3 with micron ICs. And you get the blinking lights to go with it... There there was a speal on them in the "cyber deals" secion of OCF about a month ago.

I don't think they are Micron any longer, even though they have the 4-4-4-12 timings. Not exactly sure what ICs they have but it's probably the Promos or something.

^^^yep its promos.tbh you can get promos for alot less.you may want to check out the buffalo firestix.the 2x1 kit is micron again and the 2x512 just may be as well.<---at the least itll be elpida or promos for less than the corsair.if your looking for a cheap alternative check out the gskill stuff.timings arent as good but its inexpensive.

According to the ram list (http://ramlist.ath.cx/ddr2/);

Buffalo

PC6400 Firestix 4-4-4-X @ 2.1V
-Micron D9GKX (B6-25E)

PC6400 Firestix 5-5-5-X @ 2.1V
-Micron D9GMH (B6-3)
-Elpida AG-6E-E (some)

Super Talent
Super Talent PC6400 4-3-4-8
-Micron D9GCT (B6-37E)
-Micron D9GMH (B6-3)
-Micron D9GKX (B6-25E)

You can get the Super Talent on newegg right now with a $20 rebate making them $219

i would opt for the CAS5 versions...since they cost a lot less. they are what i ended up ordering.

inkfx said:
Those will be either Aeneon or Elpida ICs. If you don't get memory with D9 ICs then get the E4300.
just because you dont get D9's doesnt mean you should get a cpu with a high multi.

if you get the corsair's they have a EPP setting for 1066mhz @5-5-5-15, my set i thought was D9's. are actually promos and promos latly are actually ocing really well.

consider D9's good for head room with the volts but i wouldnt consider them mandatory for ocing.

Back