• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AW9D-MAX + AS5 = Ice cold OC!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LuminoZ

Yesterday I was bored and not really wanting to spend the day playing WoW, (yeah right) so I decided to take the advice of a few others around here and remove all of the thermal pads on my mobo and replace them with AS5.

I don't know if anyone esle has had this problem, but I couldn't get a FSB over 350 mHz no matter what I did. I posted a lil and found out that if you AS5 everything on the board you can go over 350mHz.

After appling AS5 on everything, I just tossed in some voltage, and went for 360. It worked. :D

Not only can I OC higher, but everything runs WAY cooler! -5C at least everywhere!

If you have an AW9D-MAX this is a very worthwhile thing to do!

Damn, thats kind of scary. I expected all the AW9Ds to hit 400 easy.

So, If I had an e6600 and it didnt want to run @ 9x400 (3600mhz), i'd still be able to run 8*400(3200mhz) as an alternative

If you update the BIOS, the AW9D should easily do 400 FSB.

LuminoZ, what BIOS are you running?

Can I all so ask, what speed is your ram 800 or 667 ?

I all so recall reading in another thread you were using bios 13 Final, if thats still the case give 13.A11 ago it comes with the 1333 strap.

You can down load it from here, post 1

Back