• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Manually setting multiplier in P5W64 Bios ver 4.02

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FpgaGuy

I must be a knuckle-head!

I'm using the P5W64 WS Pro, a X6800, and Bios ver 4.02 and I'm experiencing the following:

Weird occurrence #1:
I have AI overclocking (on the JumperFree Config screen) set to Manual, all other settings here set to AUTO however I don’t see the option for manually adjusting the multiplier in the CPU Config screen.

Weird occurrence #2:
Using AiBooster (latest ver) I set the multiplier down to 10 from 11. Rebooted and it came up with the multiplier set to 12! UG! OK, set it to 13 and I had to wipe my CMOS to get the machine back.

Semi-Weird occurrence #2a:
AiBooster tells me I must re-boot after a change to the FSB or the multiplier… Is this normal? Why have a Windoz dialiog?

Can anyone shed any light on what’s going on here? This isn't my 1st OC but Clearly I’m missing something!

How does one definitively set the multiplier?

UPDATE:
I THINK that turning Virtualization off (which it should have been I know) enabled setting the multiplier... Interesting though... Turning it back on didn't remove the multiplier menu... I'd still like to KNOW what's going on! For a change at least! :)

-Ed

Last edited:
Back