• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SRAM / DRAM price fixing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaronjb

Here's an article from my town's paper about a local attorney who is filing a class action suit, alleging price fixing in the SRAM industry.

I can see the point of the suit, and it sounds like the allegations hold water, but I can't help think that both the attorney and the first plaintiff are out for big bucks. I'd love to know how Mr. Scott L. Clarke has been financially affected due to price fixing.

From the article:

"Samuel Lanham of Bangor has sued a dozen major chipmakers for a second time after the U.S. Justice Department last fall acknowledged its price-fixing investigation had expanded from DRAM to SRAM. The attorney filed the first class-action lawsuit 18 months ago against semiconductor manufacturers after they admitted to price fixing of DRAM, or dynamic random access memory, and were ordered to pay fines.

Lanham filed the new lawsuit last month in U.S. District Court in Bangor on behalf of Scott L. Clarke, 44, of Bangor. The attorney is seeking reimbursement on behalf of Mainers who were victims of the alleged price-fixing scheme to raise the price of SRAM in the late 1990s."

EDIT: Maybe this is a better fit for the "General Computer Discussion" area. Mods, feel free to move if this isn't the proper area.

Last edited:
Back