• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios overclock settings for Striker extreme and QX6700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chiefinfocat

Registered
I set up this new rig on friday and have not overclocked it at all. I wanted advice on bios settings and tweaks before i start.
Adding thermal electric cooling tomorrow.

I appreciate any insight.

Don't know about the settings, as I don't have the board

Not to Hijack the thread or anything,
But what kind of thermal electric cooling? Did you assemble one, or did you buy one? Reason I ask is that tec cooling is tricky and if it goes wrong it can lead to worse temps in the best case and burning down the house in the worst case.lI don't want to Hijack the thread or scare you or anything. But I just want to know if you know what you are doing.

In respone to the TEC cooling. I FAILED MISERABLY!!!! I shorted out the motherboard and smoked one of the onboard chips. Luckily the shop i got it from is taking it back iand i just got the replacement board today. I am now going to cool the proc with a tuniq tower. MAN DID THIS SUCK. over 3K in parts. I HOPE I DIDN"T FRY THE QX6700!!!!!!

I used the Vigor Monsoon 2. For the record this cooler is an absolute pain in the *** to install on a striker board. I rtecieved the replacement board yesterday and installed a tuniq tower.

What are avg temps for the qx6700 idle and load?

Back