• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 FlexXLC Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What chip do these have? They aren't on the ramlist. Here they are cheaper then most D9's so I don't think they are D9.. Correct me if I'm wrong

On that anandtech article they said this:

"While the form factor is new, it is worth repeating that OCZ is using specially binned Micron D memory chips in Flex XLC"

Last edited:
Yeah I know, but is that also true for the slower timed pc6400 version?

Edit:
Been reading the article again, I was like OMFG at this point:
"The fin assembly was designed for very effective air cooling. When water is used even better cooling is possible. The hybrid copper and aluminum water channel and fin design is designed to cool effectively whether air or water is used for cooling. "
Copper and alu water cooling, bad idea :(

One Bull said:
Yeah I know, but is that also true for the slower timed pc6400 version?

Edit:
Been reading the article again, I was like OMFG at this point:
"The fin assembly was designed for very effective air cooling. When water is used even better cooling is possible. The hybrid copper and aluminum water channel and fin design is designed to cool effectively whether air or water is used for cooling. "
Copper and alu water cooling, bad idea :(

Awcrap :-/ Here I was thinking that they (sinks) were made of 100% Alu. Not 1/2 copper and 1/2 Alu . This is a case of "all show and no go" eh? :rolleyes:

yeah, could be that the watertunnels are copper and the rest of the sink aluminium. I can't imagine that they haven't thought about this at ocz :S

OCZ's new heatpipe heatspreader will do just as good a job at cooling the IC's as the water cooling. That, I'm looking foreward to. Watercooling the memory constricts water flow to the CPU in your loop. Watercooling your memory in effect makes your computer run slower...in my opinion

ASFx said:
On that anandtech article they said this:

"While the form factor is new, it is worth repeating that OCZ is using specially binned Micron D memory chips in Flex XLC"
actually the 9200FLEX's differentiating factor is the use of 8 layer PCB allows for better overclocks as well :)

Silvermirage said:
OCZ's new heatpipe heatspreader will do just as good a job at cooling the IC's as the water cooling. That, I'm looking foreward to. Watercooling the memory constricts water flow to the CPU in your loop. Watercooling your memory in effect makes your computer run slower...in my opinion

And the difference in cooling capacity between 2.5gpm and 2.4gpm is? Its a cool idea especially with copper jackets becuase you dont have to deal with Al in your loop. In my experiance D9GMH might be worth cooling with water it seems to like being cooler and has issues if it gets hot without adequate cooling.

Back