• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Customer Service Sucks...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Awake77

Just a little whining here, so apologies in advance...

My ASUS P5W-DH's wi-fi crapped out on me, and I emailed ASUS to see what they could do about replacing/repairing it. I got a very short response saying to call their customer service number for an RMA, so I did.

The girl on the phone was rude as all hell - I swear I was a step away from asking to speak with her manager and Im never like that. She practically yelled at me when I asked if they could charge my CC for a new board and just refund it when I RMA'd the defective one.

Honestly, I could give a **** - the Wi-Fi was OK but Id just as soon disable and use a real card. Its just the point, I spend $200+ on a motherboard that's supposed to be top of the line, and get treated like crap when I call and try to get a little assistance.

Through the whole thing, I was super polite and everything, but damn - maybe I just got the wrong customer service rep...but Ill think twice before going with ASUS again.

Sorry for the rant,

Awake77

Rectified!

Well, that same rep called back out of the blue today and offered to replace either the entire board or the wi-fi card for me! That was a surprise - and this time she was very polite, etc.

Maybe she was just having a bad day - either way they made it right.

Oh I figured that, and I did ask for it - but man the 1st time I called the girl was just so mean! I spent a good 10 years doing customer service type jobs, so I have a lot of understanding for people dealing with the public. But even so, it was a bit much.

Looks like they're going to make it right though, its all good.

Awake77 said:
- but man the 1st time I called the girl was just so mean!

Maybe her call was recorded, and her supervisor replayed it. :D

Anyway, glad you got squared away.

Some are good some are bad. One Asus rep tried to convince me that my motherboard went bad in the short time we were on the phone. He was being very curt about the situation. I discovered after getting off the phone with him that my problem was actually simple: the LCD button on the back panel was off.

I don't always take everything they say as gospel and stand my ground without being rude.

I agree, But I would go one step further and say that Asus COMPLETELY sucks. Their products are crap, their updates are crap, and their customer service is crap.

Took 2 MONTHS for Me to Get My $200 Sound Card back after an RMA! They told me that the card was an OPTIONAL ACCESSORY (No Joke). Thats right... The CIRCUIT BOARD, THE ACTUAL PCI CARD, WAS AN "OPTIONAL ACCESSORY!"

I have a $400 Asus Maximus Extreme Motherboard that was created FOR Overclocking, and it actually overclocks WORSE then My $100 Asus P5B (Basic)!

The Software and Drivers are horrible... I will NEVER buy another product from them again. I will never suggest them, and I will never recommend them to anyone. Infact I am going to HIGHLY discourage anyone who mentions them to choose a different company! I am so Pissed off by them that I would go to their office, Pull Down My Pants in the Middle of their Entrance, and Take a HUGE **** right in front of EVERYONE!

Must be one of the top 5 worse companies I know of. I would rather sell Let Halliburton to do Hydro Fracturing so that I can have undrinkable flammable water and pollution filled air that will cause me to grow a third arm and die rather then buy another ****** product from Asus.

I understand your frustration and it's actually healthy to vent... ;)

In my experience Asus is a pretty unsavory company and I stopped using their products several years ago as they have no customer support or at best they have technically clueless, inconsiderate, insulting, apathetic, worthless, English language challenged, nitwits for customer service both online and in person in the U.S.

It's hard to believe based on Asus retail products dumped into the market in the last ten years or so but at one time Asus was a quailty OEM mobo supplier. That all changed when they made a decision to switch to retail sales where there is a huge profit margin compared to OEM sales. As a result Asus has no customer support and they don't care as long as fanbois buy the half-baked goods they sell. You can count on Asus to feed hand selected mobos and BIOS to review websites for top reviews as this causes the fanbois to rush out and buy these products not knowing what they are in for.

Numerous hardware review sites have confirmed defects in Asus mobos and "special" BIOS not available to retail consumers, so this isn't just my opinion but documented fact. I've been building performance PC systems for 24 years and have used mobos from all the top suppliers. The only two mobos I ever had fail were Asus.

While many folks have had poor service from other mobo suppliers, my experience is that Asus has the worst products and service. Your mileage may vary as may your service experience. Personally I would not use an Asus product if they paid me as I find them an unscrupulous company.

I suggest that consumers vote with their wallet. If they refuse to buy defective goods from incompetent or unscrupulous companies eventually these companies will be forced to correct their products or go out of business. IMO either option is better than supporting them with your hard earned money and getting abused.

Last edited:
I understand your frustration and it's actually healthy to vent... ;)

In my experience Asus is a pretty unsavory company and I stopped using their products several years ago as they have no customer support or at best they have technically clueless, inconsiderate, insulting, apathetic, worthless, English language challenged, nitwits for customer service both online and in person in the U.S.

It's hard to believe based on Asus retail products dumped into the market in the last ten years or so but at one time Asus was a quailty OEM mobo supplier. That all changed when they made a decision to switch to retail sales where there is a huge profit margin compared to OEM sales. As a result Asus has no customer support and they don't care as long as fanbois buy the half-baked goods they sell. You can count on Asus to feed hand selected mobos and BIOS to review websites for top reviews as this causes the fanbois to rush out and buy these products not knowing what they are in for.

Numerous hardware review sites have confirmed defects in Asus mobos and "special" BIOS not available to retail consumers, so this isn't just my opinion but documented fact. I've been building performance PC systems for 24 years and have used mobos from all the top suppliers. The only two mobos I ever had fail were Asus.

While many folks have had poor service from other mobo suppliers, my experience is that Asus has the worst products and service. Your mileage may vary as may your service experience. Personally I would not use an Asus product if they paid me as I find them an unscrupulous company.

I suggest that consumers vote with their wallet. If they refuse to buy defective goods from incompetent or unscrupulous companies eventually these companies will be forced to correct their products or go out of business. IMO either option is better than supporting them with your hard earned money and getting abused.
Could you pleas post the bad reviews for ASUS? I hate ASUS products and service they gave me a big dose of hell and i don't want to go back.:fight:

Asus can make some of the best MoBo's to OC from. And the reviews look great!...

...Until you start to use them and find out that daily use is unstable. The reviewers don't test long term and the great OC stats feed their pockets. I know that Asus has moved into Building and Selling machines and they are beign highly successfull at it. I heard they moved into the 3rd spot of retails.... I cant find this but the stock price is staggering.

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/...nalysis.html?fourWayKey=US04648R6053ZZUSDIOBU

The value sky rocket ted this year. So much so that it looks criminal. Where talking a 300% increased followed by multiple 200% increase. The change in price seems so shockingly something is clearly not right.

Anyways, regardless... I would rather deal with any other company... Its My Own fault. I was hugely upset with My first MoBo's from them, and actually returned My Second one too NewEgg because it was such CRAP. At that time I promised myself never to buy from them again. Unfortunately I listened to others on certain sites and had gone back to them for another Motherboard. They also are also the only audio cards to offer MA and HD via analog outputs.

Gigabyte has been a good company, though their RMA process is not much better. I have had a certain amount of luck with their products. I hear good things about MSI but not too much about the RMA and Customer Service Departments.

Their are no great companies for motherboards. Hopefully, Maybe, Corsair or an equally great company will start making MoBo's. Their is no magic NewEgg type MoBo company out their:( Or not one that I have heard of.

Gigabyte has been a good company, though their RMA process is not much better. I have had a certain amount of luck with their products. I hear good things about MSI but not too much about the RMA and Customer Service Departments.

I have had good luck with Gigabyte RMA. I flashed my Bios two years after purchase and the last Bios update failed so it would not post, I RMA the board although it did take 4 weeks total time, when i received the board back it worked fine, also i was able to sell it with a one year warranty left and make good money.

MSI i see allot more advertizing and they make there product look good, however they won't stand behind any of there boards with only a 1 year warranty, also that is not a good investment for resale within a 3 year period.

I have seen one review where MSI VRM blowing out on 3 of the P55 overclocking boards when 1.36v vcore is used.

QUOTE:The third try is supposed to be charmed, but it wasn’t for MSI. The P55-CD53 blew out one power phase at a mere 1.36V under full CPU load.

LINK: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/budget-p55-motherboard,2436-15.html

Last edited:
Their are no great companies for motherboards. Hopefully, Maybe, Corsair or an equally great company will start making MoBo's. Their is no magic NewEgg type MoBo company out their:( Or not one that I have heard of.

Actually, even though I have never had to RMA one of their products yet, I hear eVGA is great. I have seen threads that stated people actually got real people, that you can actually understand, within a very short time of even dialing their support number. I have also heard the RMA process is very painless, with them even covering shipping both ways in some cases.:D

Corsair, PC Power and Cooling and Newegg are great companies to work with. Im a bit discouraged, My DDR3 is in 4 chips, and it hinders my OC. With it beign 1800mhz DDR3 memory I rather like it.

I cant afford 2x4g 1600mhz memory (yet).

Back