• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A mushkin ate my baby...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Poser

Registered
So I just got my eagerly anticipated xp4000 redline modules...threw them in my board and was completely astounded by... the lack of overclocking ability.

1. I cant run these puppies (2*1gb) sticks @ 1t (strike one)

2. I can run them at "stock" @ 2t and thats it! 1mhz over 250 and they become wildly unstable (strike two)

3. Muskin support, although friendly enough and responsive, seems to think its my previously reliable mobo (strike three)

Does anyone have a suggestion or experience with overclocking these modules in A8N sli.... or am I look at RMA city

thanks.

I have tried giving them juice and tried switching up the slots...

...the one thing I havent tried is putting them in the same channel

Poser said:
I have tried giving them juice and tried switching up the slots...

...the one thing I havent tried is putting them in the same channel
Well that defeats the whole purpose.

I havn't read much on the recent DDR modules since I've been dealing with DDR2 but how are other people doing with these sticks? Is everyone getting the same wall with these sticks?

The pair of Mushkin Redlines I had did PC4400 on stock volts and timings... I bought them from Kato and now Immortal Hero has them... no problems at all...

Maviryk said:
The pair of Mushkin Redlines I had did PC4400 on stock volts and timings... I bought them from Kato and now Immortal Hero has them... no problems at all...

do you know if they were of the older UTT variety or
the newer CE-5/6 variety...

I really dont think its my mobo, no do I think the mem controller on my Dan Siego is shot...

...I hate RMAing a product that does meet its ''bare" minimums...but near 260$ I was hoping for pc4400 type clocks...or 4200 at the very least

Does each stick work at rated speed at 1T?

Have you tried PC3200 2-3-2-6 at 1T?

These sticks currently use Aeneon C die, which are the same as the Infineon CE. 3D instability is almost always met with these chips at around 262. They're tested at 265 @ 2.7v to ensure 3d stability at 250, the rated speed.

If you're not stable at 251, it really is very unlikely the memory, since the method they're tested at should eliminate this problem. What methods for testing stability have you used?

fusionpit said:
Does each stick work at rated speed at 1T?

Have you tried PC3200 2-3-2-6 at 1T?

These sticks currently use Aeneon C die, which are the same as the Infineon CE. 3D instability is almost always met with these chips at around 262. They're tested at 265 @ 2.7v to ensure 3d stability at 250, the rated speed.

If you're not stable at 251, it really is very unlikely the memory, since the method they're tested at should eliminate this problem. What methods for testing stability have you used?

I have tried each stick individually...same results
I have used HIC memtest (windows based) & memtest86 both produce errors at anything above DDR500

If in fact they are Aenon, I would be quite dissappointed as I have had no positive experiences with those chips.

I have done some extensive reading, and the A8N-SLI does have a known issue with running at 1t above 240mhz...so it could be that.

I simply may RMA these and go with a different brand...OCZ or crucial (any suggestions)

Back