• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PN5D2-Sli - Memory Controller Gone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

My mate bought this motherboard as used stock from a website caled dabs.com now they stated that it had been checked over and was working in perfect order. Anyways he had it for about 5 months and before he built up his system he purchased a crappy HP Pavilion from a local PC store which was also a P4.

When he built his ASUS system he used the 1gb samsung memory and 6200 Turbo cache card from his HP one. Then I got him a ATi X800 Gto2 LE PCI-E card so we transfered the 6200 back. He then bought some more memory 2x 1GB modules of a unknown brand I've never seen. Well with the 2GB in place the system kept stalling when playing Dark Mesiah of Might & Magic and the system was sluggish upon boot-ups.

He took it back and they swapped it for another brand this was even more unstable we took in the whole PC as they wouldn't give a refund. Without testing it first the next day they said it flopped out on the last part of the benckmarking test and they said it could be the memory controller on the board.

The board was stable with 2x512mb DDR2 samsung chips but now will not stay stable with even just 1 single 512mb or 1x 1GB module in place. Now could I ask you lot cause I would prefer more opinions is it than just 1 guy I think when he tested it he was using unknown brands of memory.

Back