• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Technology Unveils High-Speed, PC2-6400 4GB Dual Channel Kits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZGOZZ

OCZ Technology Unveils High-Speed, PC2-6400 4GB Dual Channel Kits designed to specifically address the needs of Gamers taking advantage of DirectX 10

Sunnyvale, CA—February 5, 2007—OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today announced the PC2-6400 Gold Edition 4GB (2x2048MB) dual channel kit. These new modules are optimized for perfect compatibility for extreme gamers transitioning their high-performance systems from Microsoft Windows® XP to Vista™. These new 800MHz modules are the ultimate upgrade for gamers taking advantage of the feature-rich, yet demanding operating system.

As part of OCZ’s Gold series, the PC2-6400 2GB modules deliver the performance and speed gamers require for today’s graphic-intensive DirectX 10 PC games. At 800MHz, the 2GB Gold Edition runs at 5-5-5 latency timings and offers unprecedented stability on the latest AMD and Intel platforms. As a Vista up-grader, the PC2-6400 4GB dual channel kit will provide maximum memory bandwidth and deliver the best possible gaming and productivity on Vista systems.

“Windows Vista provides a fresh experience for both the casual gamer and the die-hard enthusiast, and we are excited to introduce our new 4GB Gold memory kit designed specifically for gamers,” commented Alex Mei, VP of Marketing, OCZ Technology. “To assist in delivering the optimal experience for gamers on the new platform, the OCZ Gold Vista Performance memory features a unique blend of high speed and tight timings, providing superior bandwidth to power through groundbreaking DirectX 10 titles.”

For more information on the OCZ PC2-6400 Vista Performance 4GB Kit, please visit our product page here: http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr2_pc2_6400_vista_performance_gold_dual_channel

PR Link: http://www.ocztechnology.com/aboutocz/press/2007/199

OCZ Technology
www.ocztechnology.com
408-733-8400

This is very intrigueing to say the least. I would like to see some testing/benchmarking before I considered something like this. Also, motherboard/bios and OS compatibility.

Dom

That would be so cool to have 8 gigs now on system, I really like Vista so far.
Really nice no problem yet, sucks 612 mb of ram doing nothing ,,,

Well I guess it was only a matter of time with the release of Vista. I'm sure they will cost a fortune.
Until DX10 becomes widely used, 2x2048 kits probably won't be very common.

IWasHungry said:
Well I guess it was only a matter of time with the release of Vista. I'm sure they will cost a fortune.
Until DX10 becomes widely used, 2x2048 kits probably won't be very common.
They won't be common until the cost of the ICs comes down. :-/

Back