• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage Won't Change on the P5W Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slaman

Registered
I have the specs listed in my signature. Using the specs (4-4-4-12-2 @ 2.1V) for RAM, my system works fine at default.

I bumped up my FSB to 400MHz, kept my DDR2 RAM at 800MHz, locked my PCI at 33MHz, and locked my PCI-E to 100MHz... Got a nice overclock to 3.2GHz.

The system was perfectly stable after running 3dMark06, Prime05, and Orthos Dual CPU Stress Test... the temperatures were identical to what they were at the default speed.

Except, after about 2 weeks, my system seems to randomly reboot when using Windows Media Player 11 - this has been happening only recently. I figure it's because I need to increase the voltage to the CPU (it's still at default - 1.3V).

So I go into the BIOS and specify a VCORE of 1.325V... Save and exit... except, when I load Windows and use CPU-Z, it still reports a VCORE of about 1.288V... I go into the BIOS and the Hardware Monitor also reports a similar VCORE.

I can't seem to change my VCORE no matter what I put as the value! I have disabled the two options in the BIOS required to change voltage.

Any ideas? My system can definitely do more, but I want to give it more voltage to do it...

My temps are:
CPU@idle is 31.5C
CPU@load is 48C
Mobo@idle is 48C
Mobo@load is 50C

Your suggestions are appreciated! Any BIOS settings I'm missing - I've changed nothing other than what I've specified above.

After I get this running stable, then I'll move on to overclocking my Radeon!

Oh yeah, any warnings you guys want to give me in regards to overclocking my E6400 or Radeon 1900XTX - is my cooling adequate?

Forget about what cpuz says. There have been numerous reports of cpuz reporting the incorrect vcore. Whatever you set it to in bios is what your actual vcore is

Shouldn't the BIOS' hardware monitor also report the same VCORE as what it's set to? CPU-z and the BIOS Hardware Monitor are reporting the same thing.

Is there a program that reports accurate VCORE values in WinXP?

Good call - CPU-z was reporting voltage significantly less than what it was set to in the BIOS.

I've set my voltage to 1.375V - my temps are 33C at idle... and now CPU-Z is reporting it at 1.35V

My random reboots are becoming more frequent - about 4-5 times a day... I hope that this voltage increase helps it...

I'll run Orthos for a while to see if it reboots.

Back