• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good ways to cool ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shades_of_Me

Well i have my ram overclocked by a bit am worried that it is running pretty hot i have good case airflow but i would like to know of some good ways to cool the ram..thanks

Ok well i did think of that but would it really make any difference seeing as it would only be blowing ambient air temperature over them?

It moves the hot air away from the chips, not to mention the wind speed = slight wind chill. If you took the voltage up, make sure the fan blows on the mosfets too. That can make a 100 mhz difference in RAM.

well the voltage is @ 2.3 which is very high as far as i am concerned and i run this thing 24/7 so thats why it concerns me. I will just have to get a fan to blow the air away.i was looking for those coolers that are actually made to cool ram. but couldnt find them on any uk site

JIC you dont know what a mosfet is,
electrical_mainCPU.jpg

That long row of things, mosfets.

If your as serious as me with my RAM OC, hack up an old HSF and sink them up if they are hot and you want more voltage.

I didnt know what i mosfet was untill you mentioned it but now i do....i think i will be buying an extra fan to run over these babies...hopefully that should prolong their life.

Shades_of_Me said:
Well i have my ram overclocked by a bit am worried that it is running pretty hot i have good case airflow but i would like to know of some good ways to cool the ram..thanks
for me i use 3x 60x25mm sunon 23.5cfm MagLev fans wired together sitting on ram modules

Swatman said:
put your comp in the fridge. issue solved.

Not the most helpful comment :(,

Bust just as everyone has stated, a fan blowing some air over the RAM modules would more than suffice.

Here is my plan for my RAM:
3z0ku13.jpg

Bryan d

Back