• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

and so it begins

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spawne32

thanks to stormshadow i was finally able to decide on a case that would be perfect for my application, and today the first set of parts arrived, the Sunbeam Chromatic windmill fan controller and the Lian Li PC-A05B Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, heres the pics!

Case :D
100_1706.jpg

Sunbeam chromatic windmill, controls up to 7 fans, 3 temps and HDD monitor!
100_1705.jpg

100_1701.jpg

100_1703.jpg

Cat.
100_1694.jpg

Now your prolly thinkin, eww chromatic windmill but actually its really really nice, the pics i took i was testing it to make sure all the channels worked, seeing as how this is gona be a SLOW project because of the lack of money, i have to buy a few parts at a time lol Its actually a really nice fan controller for the money, the display isnt ghetto with bright colors like i thought, it actualy just has a really light glow to it that makes it look much more proffesional then id previously thought and it controls the fans quite nicely 12v-7v, you may have read about alot of people bitchin about the buttons but i personally found the buttons quite comfortable to use, maybe some people just have large obtuse fingers lol More pics to come this week or next week when my 2 noctua fans get here for inside the case :eek:

chrmomatic wind mill is awsome the ONLY fan controller than can handle all 7 of my panflow high speeds (each with 7.2w)

its a pitty it does not complety switch the fans off tho but still its a really sweet fan controller.

received the fans yesterday and tested them out, IMO they are fantastic, they push the same if not more air then the yate loons that i have and they are TOTALLY silent, i had to put my ear so close to the fan to hear it i almost cut my ear off.

100_1707.jpg

100_1708.jpg

Mycobacteria said:
chrmomatic wind mill is awsome the ONLY fan controller than can handle all 7 of my panflow high speeds (each with 7.2w)

its a pitty it does not complety switch the fans off tho but still its a really sweet fan controller.

Actually the Sunbeam Rheobus will handle more load than the windmill (4x20w vs 70w total).

Spawne you aren't planning to use those fans on a radiator are you? With that blade setup those are practically useless becuase they have no almost no back pressure.

speed bump said:
Actually the Sunbeam Rheobus will handle more load than the windmill (4x20w vs 70w total).

Spawne you aren't planning to use those fans on a radiator are you? With that blade setup those are practically useless becuase they have no almost no back pressure.

No no no of course not, those are strictly for the case fans, intake and exhaust, i planned on buying medium speed yate loons for the radiator. And as far as the windmill, i dont see why it wont handle the fans, i know plenty of people with them running up to 7 fans, granted they arent the most reliable of fan controllers and i have heard of people with problems but i i tested it out already and all the fan channels work atm. If it fails when i put it in then ill call sunbeamtech up and find out if i can get a replacement, if no replacement then im not out huge amounts of money, it only cost me like 30 bucks, no big loss.

Back